Balfour Beatty Communities (BBC), a national residential real estate investment and management company, announces the launch of an electric vehicle (EV) charging programme that offers residents Level 2 in-home charging capabilities. The programme is being offered through an agreement with TRO Energy Solutions Inc. (TROES), a national provider of EV-related services. Initial pilot programme locations include Beacon Point Homes at Naval Submarine Base New London in Connecticut and Vandenburg Family Homes at Vandenberg Space Force Base in California.
Chuck Parker, EVP, Military Housing Operations said: “We are focussed on delivering an exceptional living experience to our residents, and we’re seeing a growing number of EV owners in our communities.
“This new program with TROES allows us to offer residents a simple, easy-to-use solution for convenient in-home charging while supporting goals set forth by the Office of Secretary of Defense related to energy resilience and our own Company sustainability initiatives.”
Capt. Kenneth M. Curtin Jr., Commanding Officer of Naval Submarine Base New London said: “This pilot program is a win for all involved. I am delighted that our Nation’s first and finest submarine base was selected by Balfour Beatty Communities to be one of their first pilot locations for EV charging at home. Efforts that not only align with Federal and the Office of Secretary of Defense goals but also improve the quality of life for our sailors and their families.”
Colonel Chris Sheffield, Vice Commander for Vandenberg Space Force Base said: “We are excited our Airmen and Guardians will have the opportunity to obtain in-home high-speed Electric Vehicle (EV) charging via Balfour Beatty Communities partnership with TROES.
“Serving as a pilot location fulfils existing resident demands for EV charging and supports efforts to reach future Department of Defense and California emission goals.”
Edward DeVries, president of TRO Energy Solutions, Inc. said: “We are pleased to be selected by Balfour Beatty Communities to offer this exciting amenity of EV charging solutions to support military personnel and their families who make so many sacrifices in the defence of our country. It is a privilege to offer practical and economical services that military families can depend upon to keep their EVs powered up and transition to sustainable energy.”
The in-home EV charging ports, installed and maintained by TROES, provide Level 2 charging with three available package options, allowing residents to select the EV charging plan that best meets their needs. The TROES Charge Time app delivers added convenience, streamlining account management, and other in-home charging features through a mobile device.
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty is a leading international infrastructure group with over 25,000 employees driving the delivery of powerful new solutions, shaping thinking, creating skylines and inspiring a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
- We finance, develop, build, maintain and operate the increasingly complex and critical infrastructure that supports national economies and deliver projects at the heart of local communities.
- Over the last 114 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world. Currently, we are working to deliver Hinkley Point C, the first UK nuclear power station in a generation; constructing the world-class arts and cultural facility, the Lyric Theatre, in Hong Kong; and designing, building, financing, operating and maintaining the Automated People Mover superstructure at the fifth busiest airport in the world, Los Angeles International Airport.
About Balfour Beatty Communities:
- Balfour Beatty Communities is an active owner and operator of residential real estate in the multifamily, student and military housing sectors across the United States. Since its inception in 1999, Balfour Beatty Communities has invested in nearly 100 properties representing more than $7.9 billion of gross asset value. Our broad in-house expertise includes decades of acquisition, development, finance, renovation, leasing and property/facility management experience. Leveraging this extensive expertise and a customer service-focused approach, Balfour Beatty Communities seeks to create value in its real estate projects while delivering exceptional living experiences. For more information, visit balfourbeattycommunities.com.
- Balfour Beatty Communities is a subsidiary of Balfour Beatty Investments, Inc. and Balfour Beatty plc, a leading international infrastructure group.
- TRO Energy Solutions, Inc. delivers clean-energy services that support and promote electric vehicle (EV) usage, build EV infrastructure, and inspire confidence in the EV ecosystem. The ChargeTime© app along with its Made in the USA/TAA compliant home charging products and economical services keep EV owners powered up. Headquartered in Virginia Beach, VA, TROES is proud to support US military personnel with convenient in-home charging, community chargers, and dependable charging services.