Following 3 years of major works, carried out on behalf of Covivio, the prestigious 5-star hotel with its superb “Belle Époque” facade is reopening its doors. Our Eiffage Construction teams worked on the structural work component, as well as for the facades and the waterproofing of the building (macro-lot). After the inclusion of the city of Nice as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this new luxury establishment reinforces the top-of-the-range hotel offer of the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis. The opening of the palace to the public took place in the presence of Christian Estrosi, mayor of the city of Nice, its director, Stephane Vilar and its owner Tugdual Millet.
This historic establishment, with a “Belle Epoque” facade, inaugurated in 1848, is located in the heart of the city of Nice, opposite Place Masséna, the Albert 1er garden and the Promenade des Anglais.
This major rehabilitation project was intended to improve the standing of the 11,500 m² hotel, by upgrading it from a 4* to 5* hotel, but also represented a major challenge for the tourist influence of the city of Nice. .
The Anantara Plaza Hotel has 151 rooms with breathtaking views of the Promenade du Paillon and the Mediterranean Sea, including a presidential suite of 75 m 2 , 36 suites of 40 m 2 minimum with terrace/balcony, 24 “premium” rooms and 91 rooms single or double deluxe.
On the work program of this pharaonic project:
- 1,000 m² of floors demolished and rebuilt in reinforced concrete;
- 4,000 m² of wooden floors or joists-slabs reinforced with mixed flooring (wood-concrete);
- A hundred underpinnings of existing load-bearing walls;
- A renovation of the historic facades of the building;
- An addition of two floors and a restructuring of the ground floor as well as the rooftop with its 360° view of Nice;
- 70 peak companions for the macro-batch and 250 peak for all batches.
The work, which began in the 2nd quarter of 2019, was completed in December 2022, with the delivery of the hotel complex. Congratulations to our teams for this starred rehabilitation.